Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
168 Doctors are Online

Can Latisse cause chapped lips?

User rating for this question
Very Good
Answered by

General & Family Physician
Practicing since : 1970
Answered : 5610 Questions
My lips are cracked and peeling. Very uncomfortable. I have been using latisse for 3 months, could it be that? I haven't had any problems until now. Nothing is healing it. Cortisone, Vaseline, blistex Carmex and triamcinolone acetonide 0.025%

Wed, 16 May 2018 in Skin Hair and Nails
Answered by Dr. Vasudha Jayant Athavale 5 hours later
Brief Answer:
Self care & expert advise as per need .

Detailed Answer:
Thanks for asking your health concern on HealthcareMagic. I have have read & understand it,
Cracked & pealing lips are basically due to conditions like exposure to extreme heat or cold, lip licking, biting, picking or mouth breathing habit . These cause drying / inflammation of lip skin & pealing of lip skin .
The condition can get aggravated by over all health issues( allergy causing atopic dermatitis or extaematous lesion elsewhere on body/ infection with bacteria or fungal infections of skin, scalp or eye lashes/ aging process or uncontrolled diabetes )
You have been using steroid( including triamcinolone acetonide ),vasceline, bistex ( medicated lip balm ) & Carmex( moisturizers)... all of them not giving much of relief.
In this scenario,I would advise you to check with
- the personal habits like licking of lips/ chewing, picking or biting of lips, mouth breathing ) , exposure to extreme temperature.& try to stop these.
- Keep your lips cleaned & cleared with soft towels & repeated use of moisturizer is a basic need.
- Getting diabetes controlled , good control of allergy with medicines & avoiding exposure to allergens,
- also use of antifungal cremes application like ( candiderm cream mixed with moisturizer OR antibiotic like soframycin creme if you see small pustules an lips would help,
- Steroids help only in case of allergic /extematous conditions.They may worsen fungal infections f
* To avoid the confusion... consultation of a dermatologist, get investigated if required & specific advise for oral or local treatment is the answer.
I hope that answers your query.Any follow up query is welcome.
Above answer was peer-reviewed by
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions
Medical Topics

The user accepted the expert's answer

Ask a Dermatologist

© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor