What causes persistent whole body itching?
I have no rash or breakouts and I was still using the Eucerin. I went to my primary care doctor along with my husband and they said he definately had an allergic reaction and told him to use Triamcinolone Acetonide cream which seems to be clearing up is back but he still scratches now and then
The doctor said I have very dry skin and told me to stop using Eucerin cream because I would start itching with the Eucerin on now and then and to use Cetaphil moisturizing cream. I am having the same problem with the Cetaphil cream it works for a few hours and like last night I was scratching my breast and underarms very badly. The only thing I can think of is that parts of my body are very ireiatated from scratching such as my chest and my top inner thighs and the cream is bothering me because of the irritations on my body from scratching..
A few hours ago I took a shower and put no cream on and I am just a little itchy. I am at my wits end I don't know what to do use cream or not. I am not sleeping good due to the itching. Please advise me what to do, I am 67 years old and up to 5 weeks ago just took a shower and put no cream on my body and had no issues with itching..
I notice a few days ago when I got upset I started scratching badly so maybe it is due partly to anxiety which I have had for a few years now and am on Clonazepam. The doctor. also said the dry air in the house could cause me to itch and to get a cool mist humidifier which I did. I woke up today and started scratching because i went back to using the Eucerin cream so now I am using Cetaphil again
Possibly it is scabies
Hello. Thank you.
I am Dr kakkar (Dermatologist and Venereologist). I have noted your concern.
Personal and family history of itching, specially nocturnal itching, starting around the same time, suggests a possibility of scabies. I would suggest empirical treatment with either oral ivermectin or 5% permethrin cream/ lotion.
In addition to this I would suggest you to take a tablet of levocetrizine 5mg once daily for symptomatic relief from itching.
The User accepted the expert's answer
Get personalised answers from verified doctor in minutes across 80+ specialties
- Causes of body itching
- What could cause itching on my body
- What causes itchy lesions over the whole body
- Cause of whole body ache
- What causes frequent body itching
- What causes itching and rashes all over the body
- What causes overall body itching
- What causes persistent body pain
- What causes body itching
- What causes itching sensation in body
- Suggest treatment for thinning of skin
- Is boil inside nose folliculitis a cause for concern?
- What casues allergic skin rash?
- How to diagnose herepes type 2?
- What causes white pimples in vagina?
- Suggest treatment for headache, acne and weight gain
- Suggest treatment for dandruff and red spot on scalp
- What causes non itchy eruption on penis?
- Suggest treatment for itching acne on hand
- Suggest treatment for itching sensation all over body