What causes redness in-between the fingers?

Question
Hi

For the past week or so my fingers, in between my thumb it’s red and my next finger it’s red on the side and my middle finger its red on the side of it is red and itchy and has a few tiny cuts on one finger. I don’t know how I got this? If it’s from the cold weather here now. Or to much on my iPad or what? What can I use over the counter to get rid of this?

Thank you
Mon, 21 May 2018 in Bones, Muscles and Joints

Answered by Dr. Prof. Kunal Saha 1 hour later
Brief Answer:
Possibly a fungal infection

Detailed Answer:
Thanks for asking on HealthcareMagic.

I have gone carefully through your query and understand your concerns. It seems that you are suffering from a fungal infection. However, I would insist you to upload an image. It will help me to confirm.

I would insist you to apply some antifungal powder or lotion like clotrimazole topically (OTC). In addition, If itchiness is associated, I would insist you to take some antiallergic like cetirizine tablet (OTC) once daily for the next few days.

Let me know if I could help further.