What causes redness in-between the fingers?
For the past week or so my fingers, in between my thumb it’s red and my next finger it’s red on the side and my middle finger its red on the side of it is red and itchy and has a few tiny cuts on one finger. I don’t know how I got this? If it’s from the cold weather here now. Or to much on my iPad or what? What can I use over the counter to get rid of this?
Possibly a fungal infection
Thanks for asking on HealthcareMagic.
I have gone carefully through your query and understand your concerns. It seems that you are suffering from a fungal infection. However, I would insist you to upload an image. It will help me to confirm.
I would insist you to apply some antifungal powder or lotion like clotrimazole topically (OTC). In addition, If itchiness is associated, I would insist you to take some antiallergic like cetirizine tablet (OTC) once daily for the next few days.
Let me know if I could help further.
The User accepted the expert's answer
Get personalised answers from verified doctor in minutes across 80+ specialties
- What causes red lips
- What causes red hands
- What causes red toes
- What causes red feet
- What causes rosacea redness
- What causes swollen index finger with red dots on it
- What could cause itching swelling and redness in a finger
- What causes a red bump on finger
- What causes red freckles
- What causes redness and dryness in the finger web
- Suggest treatment for severe loose motion
- Is there any cure for degenerative mucoid cyst associated with...
- Suggest treatment for chronic severe diarrhea and stomach pain
- Does Klonopin of a different brand cause any adverse reactions?
- What causes unusual sweating?
- Suggest treatment for joints pain in a person with IBS
- What are the side effects of Superglue injection?
- Suggest remedy for excessive dryness in mouth
- Is restarting of Casodex advisable after stopping it?
- Suggest treatment for severe constipation