Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
124 Doctors are Online

Have itchy rash under breasts with yeast smell and scaly. Have joint pain, get cold and sleepy. Suggest?

User rating for this question
Very Good
Answered by

General & Family Physician
Practicing since : 2009
Answered : 9400 Questions
I have a rash under both breasts for over a year at times it is itchy other times it has a yeast smell it is red gets scaly
and flaky it has never gone away since I have had it about 3 years on right breast and 2 years on both.
I have also had 4 times with in the last 14 months that I start to ache all over, have joint pain, and get very cold and want to sleep my fever goes up 102 to 102.5 then I have a part of my body get very red and hot. First was my right breast, then my scalp just under my hair only, then a spot the size of my hand on my right butt cheek by the anus going up around my butt cheek, then the next time on the right top of my leg all the way up by the crease of the leg
In got a golf size lump with what felt like a twisted rope running a long my pubic hair line about 4 inches. This last time it broke out on my butt again. It has always lasted about 7 to 12 from the start to finish.
Posted Sat, 5 Oct 2013 in Women's Health
Answered by Dr. Shoaib Khan 1 hour later
Brief Answer:
Skin condition requires visit to doctor
Detailed Answer:
Hello and welcome.

Thank you for writing in.

I can understand how this can be both frustrating and restricting at times. What is most important right now is to find the exact cause for such a presentation; i.e. the diagnosis.For this I shall start by listing the most common causes for such a presentation; the possible causes are:
-Cutaneous candidiasis
-Seborrheic dermatitis

There are various other causes for a rash similar to your presentation but all those are for specifically under the breasts; all the above listed conditions are for a presentation/rash that can be more generalized. Please understand that for an accurate diagnosis, a physical examination would be required, for which you would have to visit a doctor ma'am. Based on the presentation your doctor might request for a few investigations, to confirm the diagnosis.

But treatment for all the above conditions revolves around the following:
-Corticosteroid creams/ointments, oral tablets and/or injectables
-Oral antihistamines
-Light therapy
Please discuss all the provided information with your doctor (preferably a skin specialist). I hope this information helps you ma'am. Please feel free to write back to me for any further clarifications. I also hope you understand why it is necessary to visit a doctor. Wishing you a speedy recovery.

Best wishes.
Above answer was peer-reviewed by
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions

The user accepted the expert's answer

Ask an OBGYN

© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor