What causes blisters on the arms and legs despite being on Virechana therapy?
please upload photographs
Thanks for contacting the Ayurveda section of [A]YUSH and after reviewing your case history I'm of the following opinion:
i. Do upload snapshots of the affected leg(s) for slight visual examination online.
ii. In Ayurveda, any fluid/blood/pus-filled blister can be included under 'Visphota' or Pittaja Kushtha.
iii. What was the skin disease diagnosed [black patch + itching]?.. get a second opinion since blood impurity is not a clinical diagnosis.
iv. Was Virechana done after performing prerequisites like XXXXXXX therapy then Samsarjana karma and then Snehana [oleation] therapy and then, after three days, Virechana is given [otherwise complications are bound to happen]
v. Virechana drugs are given in the morning [9 - 10 AM]
vi. blisters could be a sign of inadequate purgation [virechana], get a second opinion from a Panchkarma Hospital since success rate of Virechana in skin disease is very excellent if done in a stepwise manner.
Dr. Munish Sood
direct online link: bit.ly/drmunishsood
further necessary information
Thanks for reverting back
1. After going through the snapshots and diagnosis by the physician I’m of the following opinion:
i. As Virechana was done after following necessary procedures thus hopefully the remaining pathology could indicate further commencement of the procedure, remain under the regular supervision of your attending Physician, I at most can let you know about the symptomwise approach:
ii. As eczema is an example of Autoimmune [AI] disease thus is she suffering from an autoimmune disorder like Rheumatoid Arthritis, diabetes, vitiligo, hypothyroidism, psoriasis, Inflammatory Bowel Disease [IBD]
PS. was any investigation(s) done to exclude them and diet which causes the release of histamine and thereby causing allergy could be one of the causes of eczema, and can be eggs, peanuts, shellfish, seafood or dairy products, food coloring, artificial sweeteners can trigger the immune system to react.
iii. One thing to remember is that the duration of treatment may not be proportional to the extent of skin involvement, probably because of a disturbed immune system, so prolonged treatment with XXXXXXX (Nervine) & Rasayana Drugs (Immunomodulators) should be continued irrespective of the improvement.
PS. Eczema is triggered by STRESS and disturbed Immune System, any type of stress (physical/emotional/mental)?
iv. Avoid: milk, yogurt, sugarcane products, fish meat, newly harvested rice, salt, vinegar, oily foods, raw radish, overeating, sleeping during day, brinjal, tomatoes, soap (dry)
v. Take: green vegetables, boiled and filtered water to drink, protein-rich diet, iron, folic acid, barley, whole wheat bread, honey, eggs, brown rice, orange.
P.S. because skin and nervous system have a common embryological origin thus medicine should cover the neuro part also.
vi. Vit E which works as an antioxidant can be applied to the skin as well as taken orally.
vii. Include a diet rich in Vit. A, B6, E and essential fatty acids
[If interested I can courier you the XXXXXXX and Immunomodulator drugs]
My mother has had knee pain in past and has taken ghee based medicines to help. Now she is feeling better w.r.t. knee pain.
My mother's physician has requested my mother to abstain from eating tamarind/lemon other acidic food. We will continue to observe her progress and will contact you again if required.
The User accepted the expert's answer
Get personalised answers from verified doctor in minutes across 80+ specialties
- What causes itching and blisters in legs
- What causes red and itchy blisters on legs and arms
- What causes blisters on the end of the amputee leg
- What causes a blister n ear
- What causes blisters in legs and arms
- What causes blisters on toes
- What causes fever and blisters on lip
- What causes frequent blood blisters on arms
- What is the cause of infected blister on side
- Causes for blister in elderly leg
- Smoke regularly. Want to leave the habit. Help?
- diagnosed Hypothyroid and taking Synthroid. Having weight loss. Sugar,...
- Diagnosed with uterine fibroid. Suffer heavy bleeding and mild...
- Have irritated palate and gum line. Feel burning in mouth and tongue....
- Facing excessive hair fall problem. Need solution?
- Suffer menstrual cramps and heavy flow. Took meftal forte. Having sever...
- Wants to increase height. Using products shown in telemarketing. How...
- Having pimples on eyes and head. Leaving black spots on face. Give the...
- What can be given for 2 year baby for constipation, smelly stools,...
- Have dry nail with ridges and cracking at the front. How to keep nails...