What causes itchy spots in the armpit region?
Hello. Thank you.
I am Dr kakkar (Dermatologist and Venereologist). I have noted your concern and I have viewed the image.
I can see faintly red, dry looking, patch of skin with a few excoriations - perhaps from scratching.
I think it is a patch of acute eczematous dermatitis - red, itchy with excoriations. It is not from tanning bed use. It's not leukemia.
I suggest you to use a moisturizer frequently over this area. In addition I suggest you to use a moderately potent topical steroid e.g either mometasone furoate 0.1 % or triamcinolone acetonide0.1%, cream, twice daily, over this patch. In addition you may take a tab. cetrizine 10mg once daily for symptomatic relief from itching.
The User accepted the expert's answer
Get personalised answers from verified doctor in minutes across 80+ specialties
- What is the cause for itchy spots on my forehead
- What causes itchy spots on wrist
- Marijuana causes itchy armpit
- What could cause itchiness and white spots on the face
- What causes dark itchy spots on palms
- What could cause itchiness and spots around vagina
- What causes itchy spots on penis
- What causes itchy red spots on buttocks and hip
- What could cause spot which is dark and itchy
- What causes rash and bumps on itchy sweaty armpit
- Suggest treatment for thinning of skin
- Is boil inside nose folliculitis a cause for concern?
- What casues allergic skin rash?
- How to diagnose herepes type 2?
- What causes white pimples in vagina?
- Suggest treatment for headache, acne and weight gain
- Suggest treatment for dandruff and red spot on scalp
- What causes non itchy eruption on penis?
- Suggest treatment for itching acne on hand
- Suggest treatment for itching sensation all over body