Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
194 Doctors are Online
Ask a Urologist   »  

Have fever, penis pain and noticed yellow pus coming from penis. Took flexon. Proper treatment?

User rating for this question
Very Good
Answered by

Practicing since : 2003
Answered : 2190 Questions
28,march,2013 .....after 1:00 am night time, i was having pain in my penis, whole night, and i was also having little fever, but till morning fever is ok. Early in the morning when i wake up, then i noticed a yellow pus coming out from my penis.I see yellow fluid on top of my penis. Then i went to wash room, then i was having burning sensation while passing the urine. Then whole say i was little little yellow fluid is coming out from my penis and when i press the middle portion of my penis then also i feel pain inside the penis.Today is 29,march, 2013......i was having fever near by 4:00am then i took flexon medicine...for fever....but still yellow fluid is coming out and burning sensation and pain is there . Please tell me some medicine or proper treatment. and we are having holiday here till 30 march.
Posted Thu, 18 Apr 2013 in Penis Problems
Answered by Dr. Jonas Sundarakumar 50 minutes later
Hello and welcome to Healthcare Magic. Thanks for your query.

From the description of your symptoms such as pus discharge from the penis with pain and fever, it appears that you are suffering from a genito-urinary infection. If you have had a recent unprotected sexual exposure, then this could be indicative of a sexually transmitted infection, like gonorrhoea.

The treatment of such a problem is with a course of appropriate antibiotics. So, you will first need to have a urine culture test and a pus swab test in order to identify the organism causing the infection, so that the appropriate antibiotic can be started. Without prompt antibiotic treatment, your symptoms are unlikely to get better and you may have complications like urethral scarring or stricture.

Since this is an extended holiday weekend, I would advise you to go to the emergency department of the nearest hospital and start antibiotic treatment as early as possible. Keep drinking plenty of fluids. For the fever, you can take paracetamol tablets once in every eight hours till the fever subsides.

Wish you all the best.

Dr. Jonas Sundarakumar
Above answer was peer-reviewed by
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to

The user accepted the expert's answer

Ask a Urologist

© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor