Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
147 Doctors are Online

Have a boil in the groin area and getting cyclic fever. Suggest some cure

Aug 2012
User rating for this question
Very Good
Answered by

Practicing since : 1999
Answered : 362 Questions
I have a boil in the groin area, some minor red streaks around it, and also getting cyclic fever. Its been about 3 days now. It is quite painful and today it was bleeding quite a bit too. I have been bathing the boil with hot water and using soframycin on cotton swabs. The pain seems to be coming down.
Posted Fri, 16 Nov 2012 in General Health
Answered by Dr. Madhuri Patil 55 minutes later

Before I tell you what to do with this boil as of now, please make sure you see a dermatologist to rule out recurrence of this. You will also have to get a few basic blood test done which are Hemoglobin, total WBC count, Differential count, ESR, fasting blood sugar, serum creatinine.
For the cyclic fever and to reduce the inflammation, you continue taking T. Paracetamol. For the boil, you will need antibiotic coverage orally. Some broad spectrum antibiotic like Amoxicillin and Clavulnic acid combination will heal it faster, but please see a GP for appropriate prescription of doses and frequency. Locally, you keep sprinkling antibiotic powder which is available over the counter- Neosporin, instead of an ointment.
This will take care of the current boil, but as I said, make sure your general health is checked up by a good Dermatologist.
I hope this helps you. Take care.
Above answer was peer-reviewed by
Follow-up: Have a boil in the groin area and getting cyclic fever. Suggest some cure 40 minutes later
One question (may be stupid) regarding this. Is there an outside chance of this being a symptom of herpes?
Answered by Dr. Madhuri Patil 13 minutes later
The boil, with a rash like stuff around it and filled with blood might not be herpetic. But clinical examination by a GP/ Dermatologist will be better for perfect opinion. Let me know if you see a doctor, what was his/ her opinion. Thanks.
Above answer was peer-reviewed by
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions

The user accepted the expert's answer

Ask a Doctor Now

© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor