Getting sweat and numbness in neck with headache and stiff neck. ECG and blood test came normal. Any idea?

Dr. Robert Galamaga

Oncologist

Posted on Tue, 29 Jan 2013 in General Health
Question: I come over sweaty and clammy , the back of my neck feels numb and feel faint which passes after a while , leaving a head ache and stiff neck . I'm am fit , running 3 times a week and doing a physical job if it happens when I'm running I can carry on once it has passed . Someone said it may be something wrong with my pancreas . I have had a ECG and blood test Whitch appear to be ok
Answered by Dr. Robert Galamaga 1 hour later
Hello and thank you for sending your question.

Your question is a very good one and I will work on providing you with some information and recommendations.

From what you have described I really think you need a comprehensive evaluation by your physician. This valuation includes a complete physical examination as well as comprehensive laboratory evaluation and consideration of a possible stress test. What we want to do is rule out serious things that could be contributing to your symptoms that can also be life-threatening.

Once the more serious things are ruled out the doctor can then focus even more accurately on finding out the cause. One possible cause would include something like a viral syndrome. This includes something like infectious mononucleosis or other viruses.

I don't suspect that your pancreas is contributing to your symptoms. If you had issues with your pancreas I would expect you to have more abdominal symptoms and pain.

Additional considerations might include your thyroid gland. If there is malfunction of the thyroid gland it can lead to a multitude of symptoms.

I think the next step for you would be to contact your primary care physician to discuss the symptoms in great detail. I think your doctor can then put together a comprehensive plan to pinpoint the exact cause.

Thanks again for sending your question. I hope my responses have been helpful. If you have any additional concerns please let me know.

Sincerely,

Dr. Robert