What is Pancreas?
The pancreas is a glandular organ in the digestive system and endocrine system of vertebrates. It is an endocrine gland producing several important hormones, including insulin, glucagon, somatostatin, and pancreatic polypeptide which circulate in the blood. The pancreas is also a digestive organ, secreting pancreatic juice containing digestive enzymes that assist digestion and absorption of nutrients in the small intestine.
Questions and answers on "Pancreas"
Health resources related to Pancreas
- Pancreas stomach noise
- Where do you feel pancreas pain
- Pancreas disorders and symptoms
- Fatty infiltration pancreas
- Cancer of the brain lungs and pancreas
- Running nose post kedney and pancreas transplanted
- Foods good for pancreas
- What causes pancreas to burst
- Is problem of gas related to bulky pancreas
- Spot or lump on the pancreas