Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
141 Doctors are Online

Feeling warm outside, yeast infection, bacterial vaginosis, tested for diabetes

User rating for this question
Very Good
Answered by

General & Family Physician
Practicing since : 2010
Answered : 157 Questions
Hi, I am a 40 year old woman, who is generally in good health, however as soon as it starts to get warm outside, I tend to either get Yeast infections or BV. What am I doing wrong, I have been tested for Diabeties as well.
Posted Wed, 2 May 2012 in Women's Health
Answered by Dr. Sunil.N 4 hours later

Thanks for your query.

There is no direct relationship between yeast infections or Bacterial vaginosis and the changes in the external environment. It can influence indirectly by altering hormone levels to changing environment, but that is unusual because it can happen only in extreme conditions.

Good that you have checked for the Diabetes because its the main cause for recurrent yeast infections(candidiasis).

To help prevent recurrent vaginal infections the below measures can be followed these are:

1.Keep your genital area clean and dry.

2.Do not douche. While many women feel cleaner if they douche after menstruation or intercourse, it may actually worsen vaginal discharge because it removes healthy bacteria lining the vagina that are there to protect you from infection. It can also lead to infection in the uterus and fallopian tubes, and is never recommended.

3.Use pads and not tampons.

4.Have to screen your partner for the above condition since these are considered as sexually transmitted disease, your sexual partner (or partners) must be treated as well, even if they have no symptoms. Failure of partners to accept treatment can cause the infection to keep coming back and may lead to pelvic inflammatory disease or infertility.

5.Use condoms to avoid catching or spreading sexually transmitted diseases.

A detailed clinical examination(per speculum examination) and the tests are essential to tell what's going on, I suggest you to see a Gynaecologist for the same.

I hope this helps you.
Above answer was peer-reviewed by
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+

The user accepted the expert's answer

Ask an OBGYN

© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor