What causes left ovarian pain while experiencing extreme fatigue?
The ultrasound pictures of uterus and ovaries are normal looking
Thanks for writing in to us.
There are many different structures in the pelvis area including the pelvic organs (uterus and ovaries), bowel, fat, urinary bladder and the bones, vessels and muscles.
In a young patient of your age, it is important to do a ultrasound scan and rule out conditions with the pelvic organs and therefore your doctor recommended a scan for you.
Cysts are common in many patients and most cysts regress with time, probably that occurred with the cyst in ovary visualised 4 years back. Less commonly, a cyst can be an ovarian cancer and this progressively increases in few weeks to months. Going by your scan report, your cyst was a benign one and it regressed with time. It was not a cancer cyst.
Other than cysts in the ovary there can be 8 to 12 causes of pelvic pain. Some of the conditions might not show up on a ultrasound. There are conditions like pelvic congestion syndrome, pelvic inflammatory disease and some bowel associated conditions, which may not be visible on ultrasound in every case. It can also be from a nerve associated condition and you are feeling the pain due to irritation of nerves or pinching.
I have seen your ultrasound images and the uterus and ovaries are normal as in the available pictures.
Irritable bowel syndrome and inflammatory bowel disease can cause pains
Thanks for writing back with an update.
There are conditions like irritable bowel syndrome and inflammatory bowel disease and a person can suffer from chronic pain in the pelvis due to there conditions.
The User accepted the expert's answer
Get personalised answers from verified doctor in minutes across 80+ specialties
- Can statins cause extreme fatigue
- Bumpy, extreme fatigue causes
- Can a hernia cause extreme fatigue
- Sweaty, extreme fatigue causes
- Viruses that cause extreme fatigue
- What causes extreme fatigue with body chill
- What could cause constant extreme fatigue
- Causes of extreme fatigue nausea aches
- Night, extreme fatigue causes
- Can fibromyalgia cause extreme fatigue
- Done with CAT scan and ultrasound. Taking Testosterone. Ultrasound...
- Scheduled for fusion of vertebeae and laminectomy. Should I go ahead...
- Fell down and hurt chest. What are the findings in the x-ray report?
- Is there any treatment to increase the size of penis?
- Had a history of colon cancer and had bowel resection. Left butt is...
- Swollen lymph nodes under arms and groin hurts and have sores. Could...
- Suffered arachnoid hemorrhage after head injury. Suffer constant...
- What is the cause for itchy underarms?
- On warfarin for PE. Having bleeding from rectum. Should I go to the ER?
- Taking amoxicillin for sinus infection. Slight fluctuations in...