What causes persistent anxiety while on Prevacid?

Dr. Deepti Verma

OBGYN, Maternal and Fetal Medicine

Posted on Sat, 20 Jan 2018 in Women's Health
Question: My 17 year old daughter recently became sexually active. She's also gone through a lot of stress. She's been having intense stomach pain where she feels like her gut's been hit with a bat, she's constantly nauseous & isn't eating much (has lost 10 pounds and is very thin). She has a hard time standing up straight from the pain. Her pediatrician thought it might be a UTI or GERD so she's been taking Prevacid daily for 2 weeks and it hasn't helped. I'm afraid it could be PID or an STD. Can PID or other STD's cause a sore stomach & nausea? She's been using Kratom with OJ twice daily for pain. What are our next steps?
Answered by Dr. Deepti Verma 27 minutes later
Brief Answer:
PID can be there

Detailed Answer:
Hi dear,
I have gone through your question and understand the concerns.
PID is likely to cause nausea and stomach pain.
If there is PID, then it will cause unbearable lower abdominal pain along with nausea and vomiting.
She should get examined and investigated for the pelvic inflammatory disease and get the appropriate antibiotics to treat the infection.
Prevacid is unlikely to treat the infection.
Hope you found the answer helpful.
Dr Deepti Verma
OBGYN
Above answer was peer-reviewed by : Dr. Yogesh D
Follow up: Dr. Deepti Verma 6 days later
Just want to say thank you! I'm making her a gynecologist appt now
Answered by Dr. Deepti Verma 6 hours later
Brief Answer:
Happy to be of help

Detailed Answer:
Hi dear, I am happy to have helped you.

You can get back to me anytime for further queries by asking a direct question to me on this site by using' Ask a doctor' facility.

Dr Deepti Verma

Above answer was peer-reviewed by : Dr. Arnab Banerjee