Do soy foods cause cancer?

Dr. Vjollce Mbiarra

OBGYN, Maternal and Fetal Medicine

Posted on Wed, 14 Sep 2016 in Women's Health
Question: I was told on here to try one a day multivitimin menopause and i have started it then i was told by someone to watch out for one a day because it has soy and soy feeds on cancer. Is that true?
Answered by Dr. Vjollce Mbiarra 1 hour later
Brief Answer:
They can promote the development,growth and spread of breast cancer

Detailed Answer:
Hi dear and thanks for your query.

I understand your concern and I will try to give an explanation.
Soy have isoflavones and these turn to estrogen.
Because estrogen can promote the development, growth, and spread of breast cancers, doctors have worried that eating a lot of soy foods or soy isoflavones (which can be taken as a dietary supplement) might worsen the prognosis of women diagnosed with breast cancer but nothing is not confirmed.
In my opinion if you haven't any familiar with breast cancer than there is nothing to worry .
You can take two tablets per day until your symptoms will relive.

Best regards

Above answer was peer-reviewed by : Dr. Prasad
Follow up: Dr. Vjollce Mbiarra 49 minutes later
Is it ok to take with birth control
Answered by Dr. Vjollce Mbiarra 3 hours later
Brief Answer:
vary from type of birth control

Detailed Answer:
Hi dear again.

If you use combined birth control pills ,or pills that contains estrogen and progesterone , soy supplements are not recommended ,because you have the recommended dosage of estrogen on birth control pill.
If you use XXXXXXX pill or progesterone only pill than you can take soy supplements .

All the best

Above answer was peer-reviewed by : Dr. Raju A.T
Follow up: Dr. Vjollce Mbiarra 35 minutes later
What about the one a day womens multivitamin? Should those not be taken with birth control pills either?
Answered by Dr. Vjollce Mbiarra 14 minutes later
Brief Answer:
You can take ONE A DAY women multivitamin

Detailed Answer:
Hi dear again and thanks for trusting to us .

You can take One a Day women multivitamin with birth control pills because there isn't any interaction.
But in my opinion better is to take rich foods like fruits and vegetables with these vitamins than take supplements .

All the best