Can Susten be taken after ovulation?

Dr. Deepti Verma

OBGYN, Maternal and Fetal Medicine

Posted on Tue, 6 Sep 2016 in Women's Health
Question: hi

Dr advised to take susten 400 (not orally) for 5 days and before that we were advised to have contact for 2 days

after 5 days of the course should we have contact or not ?
Answered by Dr. Deepti Verma 12 minutes later
Brief Answer:
Yes, you can

Detailed Answer:
Hi dear,
I have gone through your question and understand your concerns.
Susten is micronised progesterone which is given in pregnancy as well as in the infertility treatment after ovulation. It is given in infertility treatment to make the uterine environment more favourable for the conception.
Intercourse can be done once the course of susten is over.
There is no contraindication to do intercourse once susten is not being kept vaginally.
Hope you found the answer helpful.
Dr Deepti Verma
OBGYN
Maternal and fetal medicine specialist
Above answer was peer-reviewed by : Dr. Veerisetty Shyamkumar
Follow up: Dr. Deepti Verma 3 days later
Mam Thanks for the reply

Mam we are t rying for baby since 6 months but there is no succcess

My wife had problem of Fibroide and it was removed surgically in april and from may we are trying

dr says now there is no problem and eggs are also coming up naturally and in my sperm count also there is no problem

He gave injection for rupturing of egg

Still there is no success

plz advise
Answered by Dr. Deepti Verma 6 minutes later
Brief Answer:
Do not be stressed

Detailed Answer:
Hi dear,
I am happy to have helped you.
Infertility or inability to conceive is said when a couple fails to conceive after 12 months of unprotected intercourse.
Since the chances of conception in each menstrual cycle is maximum 20-25%, you both should give yourself at least 4-5 months more for natural conception.
If unable to conceive after that, then methods of assisted reproduction like ovulation induction and IUI (intrauterine insemination ) should be tried.
I suggest you both not to stress and worry, as stress reduces the chances of conception.
Be positive and hopeful.
Hope you found the answer helpful.
Dr Deepti Verma
Above answer was peer-reviewed by : Dr. Nagamani Ng
Follow up: Dr. Deepti Verma 27 minutes later
thnaks dr
Answered by Dr. Deepti Verma 4 minutes later
Brief Answer:
Happy to help

Detailed Answer:
Hi dear,
I am happy to have helped you.
You can get back to me for further queries by asking a direct question to me on the health care magic portal.
Dr Deepti Verma
Follow up: Dr. Deepti Verma 2 days later
Hello, after laparoscopy my wife's cycle is disturbed? So how to know which are the peak days as from last 2 cycles she gets her menses 8 days before date? Is iui helpful in conceiving? Is there any medicine which helps to conceive naturally?
Answered by Dr. Deepti Verma 8 minutes later
Brief Answer:
Day 8-10

Detailed Answer:
Hi dear,
The peak days for conception are around ovulation, which generally occurs 13-14 days prior to periods.
So, the ovulation will occur around 8-10 th day in a 22-24 day cycle, as in your wife's case.
IUI definitely helps in conceiving. However, I will suggest you to wait for 4-6 months before going for IUI.
Your wife can take ovulation induction drugs like clomiphene,under the supervision of an OBGYN specialist, to assist in conception.
Dr Deepti Verma
Hello,yesterday v went for check up Dr said that my wife has infection of white discharge and by seeing my report Dr said that there is mild infection in semen? Does this affect in conceiving?Does it take long time to solve infection problem n how soon it can be cleared?
After laparoscopy everything was clear.Tubes are also open and once this problem is solved does again tubes get any stickiness or something. While follicle study shows eggs in proper size it's growth is proper and it gets ruptured on time then infection is affecting to conceive? Once infection problem is solved how soon are there chances of conception? Plz help
Answered by Dr. Deepti Verma 4 hours later
Brief Answer:
Semen culture and sensitivity test

Detailed Answer:
Hi dear,
Infection in semen can lead to decreased fertility by making the sperms slow.
A semen culture and sensitivity test should be done to assess the type of bacteria causing infection and appropriate antibiotics should be taken.
Infection usually clears maximum in 10-14 days.
This semen infection do not cause any effect on fallopian tubes.
Chances of conception are high in next2-3 cycles after the infection is treated.
Hope you found the answer helpful.
Dr Deepti Verma
Above answer was peer-reviewed by : Dr. Yogesh D
Follow up: Dr. Deepti Verma 45 hours later
Plz review this report and guide us as this is my semen report.
Answered by Dr. Deepti Verma 16 hours later
Brief Answer:
Slight infection

Detailed Answer:
Hi dear,
Your semen report is normal except slight infection.
You should get a semen culture and sensitivity test done and take appropriate antibiotics.
Since the infection is slight, it will mostly clear in 7-10 days.
Dr Deepti Verma
Above answer was peer-reviewed by : Dr. Priyanka G Raj