Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
171 Doctors are Online

81 years old with femine itching. Have COPD and Vertigo. Cure of itching?

User rating for this question
Very Good
Answered by
Practicing since : 2001
Answered : 12760 Questions
I WOULD LIKE TO TALK TO A DR GENOCOLIGIST My name is XXXXXXX XXXXXXX and I have had the femine itch for over 25 yrs and that is the truth. I am 81 and sick of it. My Dr sent me to another obgyn and they gave ma a ointment to use and it is called Clobetasol and it helps but even with panties, pad and towel under me it still makes my chair smell of it. I have COPD and Vertigo of and on . Had both knees done and eyes done. A bit of artherite and there is long jevitty in my family and and I am sick of the thought of going the rest of my life with this Damm itch. Can you help.Thanks XXXXXXX XXXXXXX YYYY@YYYY
Posted Tue, 26 Mar 2013 in Women's Health
Answered by Dr. Rakhi Tayal 39 minutes later

Thanks for posting your query.

Having treatment for vaginal discharge multiple times without being relieved of discharge is distressing. Bacterial vaginosis is usually associated with super added fungal infections and if not treated vigorously is notorious for recurrence. A common reason of recurrent infections is simultaneous improper treatment of the partner which keeps on reinfecting the female partner repeatedly.

Vaginal swab culture and antibiotic sensitivity test will be helpful in determining the antibiotic which will be most suitable for your infection.

You need to take antifungal drugs orally along with antibacterial agent in order to treat any super added infection that might have been present.

Fluconazole and azithromycin are considered as considerably effective drugs. You can consult your gynaecologist for selecting the best drug for you after proper examination.

The recurrence of infection in your case is most likely due to the incomplete treatment. The local anti fungal creams are not sufficient for full cure.

Hope this answers your query. I will be glad to answer the follow up queries that you have.
Please accept my answer in case you do not have further queries.

Wishing you good health.
Dr. Rakhi Tayal.
Above answer was peer-reviewed by
Follow-up: 81 years old with femine itching. Have COPD and Vertigo. Cure of itching? 47 minutes later
I forgot to tell you I havebeen getting boils on the groin Three in the lastmonth and my
Dr does not even look at them when I went to see her No answer at al it is always your age Just because I am 81 does not mean I dont want an answer but I never get one
thanks XXXXXXX
Answered by Dr. Rakhi Tayal 53 minutes later

Thanks for writing again.

The boils on your skin are likely to be due to superficial skin infection. In addition to the above suggestions, you also need to rule out diabetes by a blood glucose test.

You may also need to get systemic antibiotics like Cloxacillin prescribed from your dermatologist after an examination.

Hope my answer is helpful. Let me know if you need more clarifications.
Do accept my answer in case there are no further queries.

Above answer was peer-reviewed by
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to

The user accepted the expert's answer

Ask an OBGYN

© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor