Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
145 Doctors are Online

Yeast infection, rashes, bumps, discharge. History of yeast infections. Cure for symptoms?

Hello, I have a history of reoccurring yeast infections that at times have required several treatments with antibiotics and or over the counter meds. As of late, I have experienced what I believe to be a yeast infection, accompanied by three swollen bumps in the miss of the rashy area. I also have the typical discharge associated with a yeast infection. I had a pap and std screening in sept. I have not had sex in months... Certainly not since my last exam. I ve noticed some websites claim that blistering or sores can accompany a severe or long standing yeast infection. Is that true?
Asked On : Sat, 10 Nov 2012
Answers:  3 Views:  281
Report Abuse
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions
Dermatologist 's  Response
Dec 2013
THanks for posting your query to HCM.
After reading the whole series of problems I can make out that you do have infection at the genital area but the exact cause is still missing from your history. We need to know the nature of discharge - meaning its color, its odor or smell and arious other features of the discharge along with any history of pain abdomen.
I suggest you to meet a proper gynecologist and get your self checked properly. For your recurring yeast infection a simple culture and sensitivity test can be done and accordingly best suitable anti-fungal can be given.
Kindly stop over the counter medications which can actually make the problem worsened.
With good health wishes
Dr. Sanjay Kumar Kanodia
Answered: Fri, 9 Aug 2013
I find this answer helpful

 1 user finds this helpful

HIV AIDS Specialist Dr. S. Murugan's  Response
Welcome to HCM.
The recurrent attacks of yeast infection indicates that you might have an in adequate treatment. Sometimes you may need a course for at least 3-4 weeks.You have to look for certain predisposing factors like taking oral contraceptives, prolonged antibiotic therapy, immuno-suppressive drugs like steroids etc., presence of Diabetes, Pregnancy. You have to look for these and try to control the same if possible to have a high success rate. The partner also to be examined and treated.
The blisters are not indicating longstanding infection rather a more severe form of manifestation.
Nothing to worry. Your physician can tackle the same and provide you a total cure if you follow his/her instructions.
Dr S.Murugan
Answered: Sat, 10 Aug 2013
I find this answer helpful
General & Family Physician Dr. Sumanth Mallikarjuna Majgi's  Response
yes fungal infection are associated with ulcers, blistering some times. it is definitely to be treated vigorously. oral antifungal and or with local pessary to keep in vagina. for several weeks.

kindly see your doctor even to confirm it as fungal infection. do not neglect any infections of genital tract.

wishing you good health
Answered: Sat, 10 Aug 2013
I find this answer helpful

3 Doctors agree with this answer

Disclaimer: These answers are for your information only and not intended to replace your relationship with your treating physician.
This is a short, free answer. For a more detailed, immediate answer, try our premium service [Sample answer]


Loading Online Doctors....
© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor