Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
146 Doctors are Online

Woman with burning sensation after sex. Why?

Hi, after sex with my wife, she gets a burning sensation. Why is this happening? Earlier, she couldnt take it in either and when we visited a GYN she had an infection. It was cured, and now it looks like that burning sensation is back. Another thing we noticed is, it has happened after the menstr period is over. Twice so far.
Asked On : Wed, 10 Apr 2013
Answers:  1 Views:  26
Report Abuse
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Medical Topics
OBGYN 's  Response
Mar 2013
Thanks for your query.
It appears as if your wife is suffering from a pelvic infection.
She could have had a urinary tract infection also.
Please consult a gynecologist to rule out fungal infection, Trichomonal infection or bacterial vaginosis.
A swab and culture will confirm the diagnosis.
have her blood sugars tested to know the cause of repeated infections.
Please maintain thorough perineal hygiene.
Do not use local cleansers or rub vigorously, as it would deplete local vaginal flora.
Take care.
Answered: Sun, 16 Jun 2013
I find this answer helpful
Disclaimer: These answers are for your information only and not intended to replace your relationship with your treating physician.
This is a short, free answer. For a more detailed, immediate answer, try our premium service [Sample answer]


Loading Online Doctors....
© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor