Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
144 Doctors are Online
Ask a Urologist   »  

What are the underlying causes for white discharge from penis and throbbing pain in head of penis?

User rating for this question
Very Good
Answered by

Practicing since : 2008
Answered : 1197 Questions
I went to use the bathroomand notice white discharge from my penis I felt a small throbbing pain in the head of my penis also its starting to ich a little its going on two weeks since I notice the bumps and they still do not hurt and have not poped if not herpes what could this be
Posted Sat, 18 Jan 2014 in Penis Problems
Answered by Dr. Anjana Rao Kavoor 35 minutes later
Brief Answer: Most likely acute bacterial infection Detailed Answer: Hi XXXX, Thanks for sending in your query. You could be having an infection involving the penis and urethra. In most likelihood it is a treatable condition and do not hesitate to seek consultation from your doctor. Other than herpes, there are many bacterial infections which can have symptoms of discharge through penile opening. As it has been only two weeks, it is an acute infection. You should keep your genital area clean and consult with a doctor, preferably a urologist. On confirmation of your condition by clinical examination and lab tests, you may have to take a complete course of antibiotics. I hope this helps. Do write back in case of doubts. Dr.A.Rao Kavoor
Above answer was peer-reviewed by
Follow-up: What are the underlying causes for white discharge from penis and throbbing pain in head of penis? 13 minutes later
I tested for all std and was positive for clymidia but I took the atibiotics for that weeks ago other than that what could be the cause of the red areas and the small bumps on the rim of my penis and I have also had these head achs that started after I had sex my first time and I tested negative for Hiv the bumps are not iterated at all its just red in some places and has bumps I also had a bump on my shaft 3 weeks ago that I squeezed and clear fluid came out of it it was not painful and didn't turn into a ulcer but I just assumed it was herpes or irretation
Answered by Dr. Anjana Rao Kavoor 17 hours later
Brief Answer: Please find detailed answer below Detailed Answer: Hi XXXX, Thanks for writing back with an update. Chlamydia is the commonest infection seen and it could be that you are infected with it again. In males there is unusual discharge of fluids from the penis with painful, burning or frequent urination. Many times people are infected with both Chlamydia and Gonorrhea at the same time, so make sure to get tested for both. In gonorrhoea there is thick whitish-yellow discharge, burning sensation with urination or painful/swollen testicles. A less likely possibility is trichomoniasis infection in which men have a thin, white discharge from their penis or painful urination. These symptoms are less often seen in patients. The bumps and blisters can be due to many causes including herpes. In Herpes infection blisters are formed that crust over and heal within a couple days. It need not be painful all the time. In infection by genital warts, the symptoms include small, hard, bumps that look like cauliflower on the area that was infected. They can vary in size and shape but are usually flesh colored and painless. In Syphilis, there are small sores formed on the penis which stay for about 1 - 5 weeks. There can be fluids in the sores. From the above you can see that possibility exists that you may be having one or more conditions. It is important to consult your doctor and take necessary treatment at the earliest and also get your partner treated should they have any infection. I hope this helps. Do write back in case of doubts. Dr.A.Rao Kavoor
Above answer was peer-reviewed by
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions

The user accepted the expert's answer

Ask a Urologist

© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor