• question-icon

What is the treatment for itchy red spots in the penis?

Hello! I've had unprotected sex with my parter, 2 days after I got little itchy spots on the head of my penis, not many, maybe 10. It has white flakes and smells funny, but now it's 4th day and I got kinda headache, "sore" troat, my back sores as well. In last 48 hours I slept like 5 hours only, so maybe it because of tiredness, should I be concern about syphilis or herpes?
Wed, 13 Nov 2019

These itchy red spots on your penis are suggestive of either fungal infection or balanitis. Simply with good hygiene it can be cured however you can apply steroidal, anti-fungal and antimicrobial creams to cure it. I suggest you to visit your local clinic for proper checkup and treatment if needed.

Hope I have answered your query. Let me know if I can assist you further.

Dr. Sameen Bin Naeem, General & Family Physician