What causes sores on the arms and legs, bone pain and chest tightness?

Dr. Kaushal Bhavsar

Pulmonologist

Posted on Wed, 16 May 2018 in Medicines and Side Effects
Question: My wife has sores on her arms and legs. She also recently has been complaining about her bones aching. Occasionally she will experience tightness in her chest. What could be causing this?
Answered by Dr. Kaushal Bhavsar 39 minutes later
Brief Answer:
Possibility of viral infection is more likely.

Detailed Answer:
Thanks for your question on Healthcare Magic.
I can understand your concern.
I have gone through the image you have attached.
Possibility of viral infection is more.
Viral infection can cause skin lesions, fatigue (bone pain) and chest tightness.
Please let me know
1. Is she having cough or breathing difficulty?
2. Are these skin lesions painful?
3. Is she having bone pains in legs only or in whole body?
Please reply me answers of above asked questions, so that I can guide you better. I will be happy to help you further. Wishing good health to your wife. Thanks.
Above answer was peer-reviewed by : Dr. Kampana
Follow up: Dr. Kaushal Bhavsar 11 hours later
1. Occasionally she has difficulty breathing. 2. The lesions are not painful. 3. The pain is limited to her right arm pit. She has concerns of maybe contracting syphilis about 5 years ago. She's had 2 different tests for syphilis that came back negative, but we've heard they often come back with false negatives. The only test she hasn't had is the spinal tap procedure for syphilis. Is there any definitive test you can recommend.
Answered by Dr. Kaushal Bhavsar 9 hours later
Brief Answer:
No need to go for spinal tap for syphilis.

Detailed Answer:
Thanks for your follow up question on Healthcare Magic.
I can understand your concern.
No need to worry for syphilis.
So no need to go for spinal tap. It is invasive procedure.
Which syphilis tests she has done?
Has she consulted any dermatologist?
Above answer was peer-reviewed by : Dr. Nagamani Ng