What causes tightness in the chest along with breathing difficulty?

Question
I'm a 72 year old woman in very good health but just last night I experienced tightening in my chest and difficulty breathing. I could not sleep on either side and my breathing is shallow to lessen the pain. I have been lifting heavy luggage over the past three days. I do not have a burning sensation but I feel like a have a lump in the back of my throat.
Sat, 14 Apr 2018 in General Health

Answered by Dr. Rudina Balliu 2 hours later
Brief Answer:
Further evaluation is needed

Detailed Answer:
Hello There!
Thank you for asking Health Care Magic.I have gone through your question and i understand your concern.

From the symptoms you describe, i would advice to go to the local hospital for further evaluations and possible treatment.
In your case is neccessary to rule out any possible heart problems( pre-infarct ..) or lung problem ( pulmonary embolism)..

Please do contact your hospital ,they will do some blood test , EKG ..to see if it is something that need proper treatment.
Meanwhile try to relax, avoid physical activity.

Wish you good health!
Take Care !
Dr Balliu.