Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
131 Doctors are Online

Why my arm becomes red on exposure to sun and body gets red on consuming alcohol ?

arm gets red when exposed to the sun, and body gets red when consume alcohol This started to happen the previous summer (2010). My first day at the beach that summer, I got this tiny red mark on my forearm in which I thought was a jellyfish bite or something. The next time I tried sun bathing, the same spot got red and started to itch, however this time it got bigger. Ever since then, as I am exposed to the sun for an extended period of time, the same area starts to get red, feels fairly warm, and itches. It takes about a week to go away. Moreover, I feel like SPH triggers this reaction as well. Once, I applied Lubiderm with SPH 15 on my arm and this same reaction started to was warm and itched. In addition, I ve also noticed that when I consume alcohol, my face , chest , and the area that was infected by the sun get red, however it doesn t itch. I m curious to what I have, and if I should stay away from SPH and/or the sun, and alcohol in general?
Asked On : Mon, 28 Feb 2011
Answers:  1 Views:  128
Report Abuse
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions
Homeopath 's  Response
hello dear, to me it looks like sun aggravated urticaria.stay away from sun, alcohol and SPH. It is an allergic reaction of the body.take care and take homoeopathy to get permanent relief.
Answered: Mon, 28 Feb 2011
I find this answer helpful
Disclaimer: These answers are for your information only and not intended to replace your relationship with your treating physician.
This is a short, free answer. For a more detailed, immediate answer, try our premium service [Sample answer]


Loading Online Doctors....
© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor