Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
152 Doctors are Online

What treatment other than IUI can one take azoospermia ?

my husband is suferring 4m azoospermia?we r trying from d last year bt got no result?doctor told to go for IUI treatment ,bt we dont want it. I want a child of my own husband plz help us we r helpless.we cannot spend so much 4 the treatment.plz help us.he got all the test done,thrice he did sperm analysis bt there was no spermatozoa found whereas his LH,FSH& PROLACTIN IS VERY HIGH
Asked On : Wed, 4 Apr 2012
Answers:  2 Views:  115
Report Abuse
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions
Medical Procedures
Lab Tests
Medical Topics
Ophthalmologist 's  Response
IUI is has a low chance of success at what sounds like 4 million sperm/microlitre level.

Low LH, FSH indicate low testicular response to stimulation. High prolactin levels may signal an underlying thyroid abnormalitiy or my be medication related. Once these potential issues have been addressed, have your husband checked for Testicular Varicocoeles by a MALE infertility specialist... these often run in families and are frequently missed. Do your husbands testicles every retract to his abdominal wall??? If not varices may be an issue. IVF may ultimately be your only option. 50% of all fertility is male related.
Answered: Wed, 4 Apr 2012
I find this answer helpful
OBGYN Dr. Kulsoom Qureshi's  Response
Hi, I would like to inform you in modern medicine there are only very few couples who can't conceive. all you have to do is to go to a good fertility clinic with your husband, GPs will not be helpful in your case. Sperm donation & IUI is not the only option for you as a couple. There are methods to retrieve sperms directly from the testes even if there is no sperm in the semen & then get it fertilized with your own egg. This method is called ICSI & is now a method of choice for couples like you who don't want donated sperms. In addition, Please note that high blood prolactin concentration interferes with the normal function of the testes by decreasing the production of testosterone (the male sex hormone) and sperm concentration will decrease. This low testosterone in turn will lead to a high serum FSH & LH concentration. Therefore, he may be suffering from a totally treatable cause of infertility that is hyperprolactinemia & treating this medically, alone may bring his semen analysis to normal if this is the sole cause of his problem. So, please find a good clinic & get his high prolactin treated. May God bless you.
Answered: Wed, 4 Apr 2012
I find this answer helpful
Disclaimer: These answers are for your information only and not intended to replace your relationship with your treating physician.
This is a short, free answer. For a more detailed, immediate answer, try our premium service [Sample answer]


Loading Online Doctors....
© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor