Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
137 Doctors are Online

What measures can I take to increase my sex drive ?

Im 23 year old mommy of 2. Ive been married for 2 years. My husband and I usto have sex on a regular basis 2-3 times a week....then all the sudden i went from wanting it alot to not wanting it AT ALL! Its really putting a damper on my relationship. My husband is very sexually frustrated....I dont know what to do. i have searched the internet for answers and i have seen alot of different things. Is there any sort of pill i can take....or someyone you would recomend me to see.... Im so lost.... just want to my sex drive to come back
Asked On : Sat, 14 Apr 2012
Answers:  1 Views:  52
Report Abuse
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions
Orthopaedic Surgeon 's  Response
Hi there.

Do you experience any pain or discomfort while having sex ?

Any burning sensation on passing urine ?

Are you stressed a lot lately ?

Do you sleep well at night ?

There could be many causes for decreased interest in sex. Most commonly stress, infections, pain on intercourse or vaginismus are known.

If you are in a stressful lifestyle, kindly refrain from overworking, reduce long work hours. Perform Yoga for stress relief. Eat a balanced diet. Keep well hydrated. Avoid junk food, fatty and oily food as well as sweet food like pastries and cakes as these can dampen your energy levels and make you fatigued and disinterested generally. Sometimes mood disorders like depressive illness can also take a toll on sex life. Also if you have any issues with your husband, it would be best to talk it out and have a healthy discussion and then things may start lightening up.

It would be best to consult a Psychiatrist with your Husband so that the root problem can be found out and targetted intervention performed. Depressive illness, mood disorders may remain un-diagnosed an can be a reason for lack of interest in previously pleasurable activities, a symptom called anhedonia. Do make the effort to help yourself and your love life.

Wishing good health and happy sex life.


Answered: Sat, 14 Apr 2012
I find this answer helpful
Disclaimer: These answers are for your information only and not intended to replace your relationship with your treating physician.
This is a short, free answer. For a more detailed, immediate answer, try our premium service [Sample answer]


Loading Online Doctors....
© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor