Owl Image

How can nausea, cramps and diarrhea be treated for a diabetic patient?

Owl Image
Dr. Chobufo Ditah

Question
My Husband has nausea, vomiting, abdominal cramping and diarrhea started last night. He is diabetic and is also on clozapine for a mood disorder. What can I give him to help reduce the symptoms?
Sat, 24 Mar 2018 in Digestion and Bowels

Answered by Dr. Chobufo Ditah 2 hours later
Brief Answer:
Peptobismol and increased fluid intake!

Detailed Answer:
Hi and thanks so much for this query.

I am so sorry to hear about what your husband is experiencing. I recommend he drinks more water and also takes peptobismol for symptoms relief. I caution against taking any antidiarrheal medication such as loperamide as this is not appropriate though commonly used.

I hope this guides and helps. I wish your husband well. Feel free to follow up with me if need be.