Can Marijuana and Risperidone be taken together?
i am taking marijuana 0.5 g and respiridone 1mg
i have also taken etizolam and aripiprazole in the past month .
i am very concerned as to what the side effects will be
i have not had bad side effects in the past
i usually take respiridone in the night before going to bed and use marijuana during the day .
my psyciatrist has advised me to take respiridone for 1 week.
but i have also got california medical prescribed marijuana and i am consuming 0.5 g per day
i am just quiet i dont have any psycosis presently
if i take 1mg respiridone for a week and smoke marijuana during the day will i be fine ?
will my mental health be okay ?
Hello, and thanks very much for reaching out to me directly.
Unfortunately we are not allowed to call, but I will be able to answer your question here.
You will not be fine and your mental health will not be okay if you continue to use marijuana. Risperidone and marijuana cancel each others' effects. The Risperidone your psychiatrist is prescribing to you is being prescribed for a reason, to help you, and the marijuana will cancel that out. It does not matter if you are smoking at day or at night, it will still cancel out the effect of the Risperidone. Futhermore, you have not said why you are being prescribed Risperidone, but Risperidone is used for mood disorders or psychotic disorders, and marijuana is known to make both of these much, much worse. I would absolutely not use marijuana anymore -- it will not help you and it will hurt you and your mental health.
Please rate and close your answer when you are finished and satisfied.
The User accepted the expert's answer
Get personalised answers from verified doctor in minutes across 80+ specialties
- Do antidepressants cause depression?
- Suggest treatment for chronic fatigue syndrome
- Does intake of Elavil help in treating fear and depression?
- Suggest treatment for schizophrenia
- Does Shakeology supplements interact with multivitamin supplements?
- What is Abilify used for?
- Can Wellbutrin be taken in place of Escitalopram?
- Does Parkinson's disease cause cognitive impairment?
- Is Levocetirizine the right medicine for stress?
- Is ETG test advisable after consuming alcohol?