Is Clonazepam advisable for severe anxiety?

Psychiatrist
Question
I'm interested in trying a benzo medication called clonazolam. I suffer from severe anxiety/panic attacks. Xanax works ok. Do you have any suggestions Doctor?
Fri, 18 May 2018 in Medicines and Side Effects

Answered by Dr. Ashok Kumar 29 minutes later
Brief Answer:
If xanax is working I do not think Clonazepam have any extra merit

Detailed Answer:
Thanks for using Healthcaremagic.

I read your query and understand your concerns.

I like to inform you that both Xanax and clonazepam are recommended for treatment of severe anxiety or panic disorder. However in regard to efficacy often xanax scores better in compare to clonazepam.

I also like to inform you that Clonazepam have slightly less chance of addiction in compare to xanax and long acting.

I hope this helps you.
Feel free to write back to me if you have more questions.
Thanks and regards.

Follow-up: Is Clonazepam advisable for severe anxiety? 14 minutes later
I was asking about clonazolam not clonazepam. Or is there much difference? I'm looking to try something new. I've tried: xanax, Valium, cymbalta, Wellbutrin, Paxil, buspar, gabapentin, on and on. I've seen these research chemicals advertised such as, clonazolam, etizolam, to name a few. My panic/anxiety disorder is really bad and I'm just open to trying something new

Answered by Dr. Ashok Kumar 2 hours later
Brief Answer:
I am sorry

Detailed Answer:
Thanks for pointing toward an error.

First of all I like to inform you that clonazolam is not available legally (in most of countries) and it is not possible to ensure quality of product in gray market. In my opinion it is always better to get the medications from legal sources rather than gray market.

In regard to efficacy of clonazolam in severe anxiety, it is one of the effective option provided you can ensure quality and nil adulteration.

I hope this helps you.
Thanks again.