What does mild scalloping of the folds in the descending duodenum mean?

Hi, may I answer your health queries right now ? Please type your query here...
Hi, I got an esophagogastrduodenoscopy and the conclusion was Mild scalloping of the folds in the descending duodenum.
Doctor taken multiple biopsies but i would like to know how means.
Wed, 28 Mar 2018

Scalloping of duodenal mucosa in endoscopy may be due to mucosal atrophy may be seen in many conditions like celiac disease or Crohn's disease or Vitamin B12 deficiency etcetera. Please consult your gastroenterologist he will examine and treat you accordingly.

Hope I have answered your query. Let me know if I can assist you further.

Dr. Penchila Prasad Kandikattu