What does it mean by acute myocardial infraction ?

what is this mean "acute myocardial infraction"?
Wed, 16 Dec 2009
's  Response
it means heart attack in medical terms

my relative had a ecg and the result is abnormal ecg and it says tha it has myocardial infraction. what does it mean? the docot will see her early next week thats why i need the informations about this now.

EKG interpretation: Sinus Rhythm, consider anteroseptal infarct. Poor prog. of R Wave V1-V3. maybe due to chest lead placement. Possibility of anero septal myocardial infarction could not be ruled out from this tracing. please describe in layman s terms. Thank you.

what is myocardial infraction?

Recent questions on  Myocardial infarction

I have seen two doctors for chest pain. I have had stress test tilt table test and angiogram done. One doctor says that it is coronary artery spasms and the other says its angina. I quit my stressful job, and haven t had an attack in awhile. But in the last week I have had two attack. They seem to be getting worse. I went to the ER for this last one and they said everything looked ok. Can you have a mini heart attack and not know? I am still experiencing chest pain, but don t want to go back to the ER.

hello. was wondering if i should be concerned. my mother has atrial fibrillation as was given digoxin and metroprolol a few weeks ago. a cardiologist that checked her two days ago said that her heart rate is to slow & that those drugs weren t helping (she was feeling dizzy upon exertion...i.e walking 2-3 mins). now her heart is racing (approx 100-105 bpm and i m concerned. she says she feels fine but does this mean she s at increased risk of heart attack or stroke?

hi i am a 30 yr old female pulse rate is 79 blood pressure is 125/70 family history of heart disease. (grandmother on fathers side had 6 heart attacks last one large. my father had 2 heart attacks 1 when he was 41 then 11 months later the second which killed him) i was on duromine and had tachycardia my rate went up to 125 and blood pressure was up and had some palpitations which did not show up on ecg just wondering if i should wear a monitor for 24 hours. had blood test recently and my cholesterol is up.

Iam 57 years old male ihad heart attack in 1992 iwas treated at cmc veloore at that time from then onwords inever felt any pain shortness of breath an symptoms associated with heart attack iam a airconditioning tecnician worked in temprature up to 52centrigrade in Arabian Gulf but after stoping the hard work for almost 15 years two months back i developed shortness of breath and legs swelling iwas admited in hospital and treated for swelling and breathing problem at the same time doctors advised me to get Angioplasty as iam a CHF with ejection fraction of 25% Iam a diabetic also Iwas asked to continue tablets LASIX 40mg Aldoctone 25mg Captopril 25mg Freomin 80mg for CHF Actrapid HM Insulatard HM for Daibetes My request is IS THERE A CHANCE TO CONTINUE TO BE TREATED BY MEDICINE ONLY AS I DO NOT WISH GO FOR ANY KIND OF SURGERY Please let me know about the possibility of treatment by nedicines only S habbir Hussain contact # 044 0000

I am a 66 year old woman, healthy and fit before a Sudden Cardiac Arrest this year (April) CPR and defibrillation received and was resuscitated. How long will it take for the chest/ribs to repair/recover from the procedures? Stretching and turning...

I am 77 years Diabetic type 1 since 14 years under control with Amaryl 1 mg two in morning 1 in night Blood pressure since 16 yrs under control with Lipril 5 Two Tab a day I work normally and I have no impairment Since a month I am feeling...

I'm a 27 year old male. 7 days ago I was showering and not long before drank 3 tablespoons of salt in hot water (thought it was good for sore throats, later learned you're not supposed to drink it). During the shower my heart suddenly began...