Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
169 Doctors are Online

What do continuous abdominal pain, elevated HCG with weakness indicate ?

Hi, I am 25 year old female, got married 1.5 years back. No kids. I don t use any contraceptive pill . Problem is that from 30th of MArch, 2012 I started having pain in right side of my abdomen , It was a mild pain. USe to increase while urinating, defecation or laughing, or any other internal pain. I consulted doc. He suggested me tinidazole and ranitidium. I started with this medicine on 2nd of april. On 4th of april I had a brownish discharge, which was followed by bleeding. I was having quite a light bleeding or spotting. 2 days back I got ultrasound, TVS and blood HCG done. utrasound was normal, so was TVS. only thing noticible was that despite of bleeding since last 8 days my uterus lining was thick, 7.8 mm, which should have been thin, as told by doc. HCG level is 1.6 mlU/mL. Urine culture test report shows insignificant growth . Mild pain keeps on having in lower abdomen either of the sides twice or thrice a day. Since last two days wakness has increased, with frequent pain in back, legs, shoulders & neck. Bleeding has also increased, though not a abnormal level. Kindly help me. What is could be. Doc doubted chronic ectopic or PID. If it is that then why it didnt get detect in tests. I want to know what this HCG level indicates. Is there possibility that I had a miscarriage and never even realised it.
Asked On : Mon, 16 Apr 2012
Answers:  1 Views:  104
Report Abuse
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions
Lab Tests
General & Family Physician 's  Response
Hi there,

From what you have described there appears to be no pregnancy or miscarriage. The HCG levels are normal not raised.

I would like you to tell me if your periods are regular? If not then maybe there is a hormonal reason why your uterus lining is thick.

as your ultrasound is normal there seems to be no structural problem however certain conditions like PID or endometriosis do not show up on ultrasound. That is because either the lesions are very small to show up on ultrasound or it is just inflammation of the reproductive organs which cannot be seen.

If your gynecologist suspects PID then he/she will prescribe some antibiotics and anti inflammatory agents for you. If your gynecologist suspects endometriosis then you may need a laproscopy to confirm the diagnosis. A few months of hormonal treatment may reduce your symtpoms.

hope this helps.

Take care

Answered: Tue, 17 Apr 2012
I find this answer helpful
Disclaimer: These answers are for your information only and not intended to replace your relationship with your treating physician.
This is a short, free answer. For a more detailed, immediate answer, try our premium service [Sample answer]


Loading Online Doctors....
© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor