What could be the cause for long cough and swollen armpit?

sir i have cough from last 1 month and also swollen armpit .sir wht can be cause
Fri, 13 May 2011
Diseases and Conditions ,   ,   ,   ,  
Lab Tests ,  
Hi Rishav Thakur

Welcome to HealthcareMagic.

It could a Tuberculous infection or a simple bacterial infection.I advise you to go to your Physician , get examined and evaluated for TB.A mantoux test with chest x ray should be done.

Ayurveda Specialist Dr. Sumit's  Response
persistent coughing with enlarged axillary lymph nodes may be tubercular.Go for investigations like CBC, X-ray chest.
Welcome to Healthcaremagic forum !
chronic cough with enlarge Lymph Node of armpit requires medical attention.
It is very important to obtain a chest x-ray if a chronic cough is present; to obtain Diagnosis.Lump in armpit can be due to various causes,Can be associated with cough,
a lump in the armpit caused by a viral infection will eventually disappear without treatment.
A lump in the armpit caused by an allergic reaction will go away after the "trigger" is removed.
No treatment is necessary for a lump in the armpit caused by normal breast tissue. Usually, no treatment is necessary for a cyst.
A lump in the armpit caused by a lipoma is harmless, unless it grows so large that it causes discomfort.
rishav thakur's  Response
sir i saw the stymtom there is fever and night sweats but i have no such .only cough and swooeln armpit. so it can be tb... i smoke too much also may be cause of it
Each disease have there own presentation with different patient.depending on the stage of disease, immunity of person and lifestyle it may not be a bookish presentation.So better way is that you just go for investigations or get thorough examination by a physician. Nicotine turns off the production of TNF-alpha by the macrophages in the lungs, rendering the patient more susceptible to the development of progressive disease from latent Mycobacterium tuberculosis infection.