How long should I take Losar for high blood pressure?

Dr. Sudhir

Posted on Sat, 25 Jan 2014 in Hypertension and Heart Disease
Question: Hi Doctor, I have started taking Losar 50 since last 5 days for Blood Pressure. Is it a very strong medicine or is it normal one to take since I have started having high blood pressure only recently. And shd i continue it life long or shd I stop it after one month. I am 56 years old.
Answered by Dr. Sudhir 25 minutes later
Brief Answer: Hello Detailed Answer: Welcome to XXXXXXX Ideal method to decide would be to check blood pressure regularly for few days.IF with that doses BP is maintaining then you can continue with same dose or slowly increase it or decrease it as per guidance of doctor. You will have to take antihypertensive medications life long.Even if pressure is maintained without medication you have to keep close watch on blood pressure by checking at regular intervals. Both high and low blood pressure can have adverse complications so one needs to be vigilant. Avoid self modifications in medications as these are kind of double edged things.Let doctor handle dosages for you. Please dont stop medications on your own as there can rebound increase in blood pressure. Hope this answers your question.Please ask if there are doubts. Regards.
Follow up: Dr. Sudhir 20 minutes later
what are the side effects of this medicine ? ok thankyou doctor.
Answered by Dr. Sudhir 12 minutes later
Brief Answer: hi Detailed Answer: Side Effects: Severe allergic reaction such as rash, itching, swelling of the face, lips, mouth or throat that may cause difficulty in breathing dizziness, low blood pressure, weakness, exhaustion, low blood sugar level, increased blood potassium level.