What causes rashes and swelling in the vulva with itching around the vagina?

about 2 weeks ago i had an itching sensation around my vagina (vulva etc). about a week later, i started getting what seemed like a rash and swelling of my vulva. i then started to produce a clumpy white discharge. i googled it and diagonosed it as a yeast infection. i bought clotrimazole 3 day treatment otc at walgreens and used as directed. the 3rd day was last night. now, the clumpy discharge is not fully gone but it has reduced and the itching has reduced as well. as for the swelling, it is gone. my question is, should i still go see a doctor? , is it safe to start having sex again ?
Mon, 3 Jun 2019