• question-icon

What causes intense stomach pain and occasional dizziness?

This morning my girlfriend woke up around 3 in the morning feeling an intense stomach ache. She couldn't move for a little bit because it hurt too much, which resulted in her lying on the bathroom floor until it subsided enough for her to get up and get back to bed. She's also feeling some dizziness that occurs on and off. We're worried that she could be pregnant because we had sex 6 days ago last Monday the 4th of January but that seems a little quick to be feeling any of the pregnancy symptoms (I also checked the symptoms of morning sickness and they don't match up with what she said she has been feeling). I should also point out that she just got on her period a couple days ago, which shouldn't happen if she's actually pregnant. My biggest concern is what is causing these intense stomach aches and occasional dizziness.
Fri, 8 Jan 2016
Hi
Dr. Purushottam welcomes you to HCM virtual clinic.
I have gone through your query.
I think I have understood your concern, I will try to suggest you the best possible treatment options.
As you said , she has recently got her periods; then she is not pregnant.
All her problems can be related to disturbed digestive system.
I will suggest Cap PAN D SR once a day, Tab FLAGYL 400 3 times a day; both for 5 days.
Tab Buscopan as needed to relieve crampy pain.
Please avoid deep fried foods and bakery products.
last word of caution use proper contraceptive method if you want avoid pregnancy. Use of condom will not only prevent unwanted pregnancy but will also protect from STDs.
I hope my answer helps you.
Thanks.
Wish you good health.
With regards
Dr Purushottam