Can low TSH levels cause morning sickness, cramping, abdominal pain, lightheadedness and chills?

Endocrinologist
Question
I am a 69 year old white female that had radio active iodine treatment when I was 21 for hyperthyroidism and have been on synthyroid ever since. About 2 years ago I got sick, seems my thyroid was out of whack. After med corrected still very sick even though my numbers were normal. Flu like feeling, morning sickness, lack of appetite, cramping, multiple vowel movements, abdominal pain, pressure after eating, chills, weepy, light headed. Both my endocrinologists said it's not my thyroid, go to see a gastroenterologist. After follow up test my TSH showed up low and blood pressure was in stroke territory so my GP lowed my dose considerably. Started to feel better, but after 6 weeks now my TSH is on the high side (15). My endocrinologist raised my dosage up and after about 3 weeks started to feel sick again. My question is is it possible that I feel better with a high TSH and maybe after a longer time it would sort itself out. I am meeting people who say that their doctors said if you feel OK that's the main thing but my endocrinologist said it's bad for your heart. That last few days I decided not to take a pill for a couple of days and then go back in the lower dose of 50 from 75 originally 88. I already feel better.
I have had 2 CT scans, colonoscopy, vaginal and abdominal ultra sound and nuclear scan on my thyroid. Autoimmune thyroiditis. I have gone gluten, dairy, corn, soy and nut free. A massive amount of blood testing everything seems fine. I am waiting for an appointment to see a gastroenterologist.
Thank you

Answered by Dr. Mirjeta Guni 30 minutes later
Brief Answer:
About levothyroxine dose adjustment;

Detailed Answer:
Hello and thank you for asking!
I have gone carefully through your concern.

The symptoms of underactive thyroid are not specific and in our daily practice, it is very difficult to adjust the dose of levothyroxine in order to improve the symptoms and the hormonal balance.

For your age, the TSH level is recommended to be maintained up to 6.4 mUi/ml.

So, if you feel clinically ok with 50 mcg and the TSH is up to 6.4, the risk of side effects is very low.

When you change the dose of levothyroxine, 6 weeks after you should check TSH level in order to confirm that the dose is right.

Hope the information will help.

Kind regards,
Dr.Mirjeta