What is Hyperthyroidism?
The thyroid gland produces a hormone thyroxine responsible for various body functions. When the thyroid gland is overactive, there is excessive thyroxine ( thyrotoxicosis ) which leads to various complications such as sweating, tremors, thyroid storm. This is called hyperthyroidism, commonly treated with drugs or surgery, depending on the cause.
Questions and answers on "Hyperthyroidism"
Health resources related to Hyperthyroidism
- Effects of hyperthyroidism in women
- Early symptoms hyperthyroidism
- Hyperthyroidism and swollen face
- Foods hyperthyroidism should avoid
- Pathophysiology of hyperthyroidism
- Hyperthyroidism and barthin gland cysts
- Hyperthyroidism urinating a lot
- Red bull causes hyperthyroidism
- Hyperthyroidism in pregnancy birth defects
- Hyperthyroidism and bleeding ulcers