Does having intercourse everyday increase chances of pregnancy?

DOCTOR OF THE MONTH - Mar 2015
Mar 2015

OBGYN, Maternal and Fetal Medicine
Question
Hi doctor so my partner and i had a baby 8 and a half months ago we were using condoms as protection. I have underacfive thyroid. We decided last month or so to leave contraception and have our second child. My periods past two months have been irregular normally is 24 day cycle. 2 months ago was 34 days and last month was 18 days.

From yesterday im having right low pelvic abdominal pain and then slippery discharge so i felt maybe its ovulation. I then used the ovulation kit and it came positive ydy. So we had a relation last night and this morning. Does having intercourseeveryday affect the sperm in terms of getting pregnant? InshaaAllah (if god wills) i should concieve this month. Thanks.

Last period was 4th october.
Tue, 22 May 2018 in Pregnancy

Answered by Dr. Deepti Verma 48 minutes later
Brief Answer:
No effect on sperm quality

Detailed Answer:
Hi dear, I have gone through your question and understand the concerns.

Irregular periods can be due to thyroid hormone disbalance.
If the ovulation is positive, then there are good chances of conceiving in this cycle.

Having intercourse daily do not affects the chances of conception or affects the quality of sperm.
It can only decrease the quantity of sperm, that too when the intercourse is daily continuously.

There is nothing to worry.
Hope you found the answer helpful.
Feel free to ask further.

Dr. Deepti Verma
OBGYN

Follow-up: Does having intercourse everyday increase chances of pregnancy? 10 hours later
Ok is the pelvic pain on the right side due to ovulation? So if the test came back positive yesterday and we had intercourse today and yesteeday is there chance of pregnancy?

Answered by Dr. Deepti Verma 12 hours later
Brief Answer:
Pain due to ovulation

Detailed Answer:
Hi dear,
Yes, the pain is likely due to ovulation.
Chances are conception are high if you have intercourse within 2 days on either side of ovulation day.
Dr Deepti Verma

Follow-up: Does having intercourse everyday increase chances of pregnancy? 3 hours later
Ok thank u doctor. Cross fingers. InshaaAllah ❤️thanks lets see what happen

Answered by Dr. Deepti Verma 5 hours later
Brief Answer:
All the best

Detailed Answer:
Hi dear,
I am happy to have helped you.
You can get back to me for further queries by asking a direct question to me on this site.
Wish you all the best.
Dr Deepti Verma

Follow-up: Does having intercourse everyday increase chances of pregnancy? 12 hours later
Thanks i had anti biotic yesterday due to an inflammed finger i had bactoclav 625 can that interfere with the whole conception ovulation process

Answered by Dr. Deepti Verma 4 hours later
Brief Answer:
Does not interfere

Detailed Answer:
Hi dear,
No, Amoxicillin clavulanic acid do not interferes with the conception process.
Dr Deepti Verma

Follow-up: Does having intercourse everyday increase chances of pregnancy? 17 hours later
Thanks. I’m still getting pelvic pains coming and going?is that a cause of concern?

Answered by Dr. Deepti Verma 6 hours later
Brief Answer:
Nothing to worry

Detailed Answer:
Hi dear,
No, it can be due to ovulation and post ovulatory pain.
Nothing to worry.
Dr Deepti Verma