Ask a Urologist   »  

What causes nausea and profuse sweating while urinating and feeling of constant shaking?

DOCTOR OF THE MONTH - Jul 2016
Jul 2016

Urologist
Question
My husband got very nauseated and extremely sweaty while urinating. He also got shaky. This happened once before about 5 years ago. What could cause this?
Wed, 23 May 2018 in Urinary and Bladder Problems

Answered by Dr. P. T. Patil 30 minutes later
Brief Answer:
Please provide few more details

Detailed Answer:
Hello
Thanks for query
Noted problem that your husband is facing.

I shall be happy if you provide few more details to help me in making precise comments and suggestions
1)What is the age of your husband?
2)Does he have pain in lower abdomen?
3)How is his urine flow?
4)Is he able to empty bladder completely?
5) Does he have fever?

Expecting your feedback to answer your query . Please feel free to ask if you have more questions.

Thanks and Regards
Dr. Patil

Follow-up: What causes nausea and profuse sweating while urinating and feeling of constant shaking? 10 minutes later
He is 62. no abdominal pain and no fever. Flow Is slow and weaker than when he was younger. He can empty but may need to go again shortly.

Can I expect a response soon?

Answered by Dr. P. T. Patil 21 minutes later
Brief Answer:
He has Enlarged Prostate

Detailed Answer:
Hello
Thanks for feedback
Based on your feedback your husband has Obstructive Voiding symptoms due to Enlarged Prostate.

Consult qualified Urologist for clinical and digital rectal examination and get following tests done to confirm the diagnosis
1)Urine routine and Urine culture
2) Ultrasound Scanning of abdomen
3)Uroflowmetry
4)Renal function tests
5) Serum P.S.A

Further treatment will depend upon results of these tests.

In the meantime start taking antibiotics like Ciprofloxacin and Nitrofurantoin twice daily along with Tomsulosin once daily.

Thanks and Regards
DrPatil