Can Domstal dosage be increased while having nausea and mouth soreness during pregnancy?

Posted on Wed, 23 May 2018 in Pregnancy
Question: Hi

I am 7 weeks pregnant. I am facing lot of nausea and sour mouth. My. Doctor advised me doxinate tablet first... And if it doesn't work.. Then domstal. Doxinate didn't work for me.. But I have started taking domstal 10 MG.. And it is helping me a bit. Can u please advise if it's safe to take domstal 10 MG twice a day.
Answered by Dr. Deepti Verma 1 hour later
Brief Answer:
Doxinate better

Detailed Answer:
Hi dear,
I have gone through your question and understand the concerns.
It is always safe to take doxinate for morning sickness and nausea in Pregnancy.
Domstal is also safe, but it has other minor side effects.
Doxinate can be been taken upto 4 tablets a day to get relief from the symptoms.
So, it is better to increase the dose of doxinate.
If not relieved even by increased dose, then you can continue the domstal tablet.
Hope you found the answer helpful.
Dr Deepti Verma
OBGYN
Maternal and fetal medicine specialist
Above answer was peer-reviewed by : Dr. Prasad
Follow up: Dr. Deepti Verma 55 minutes later
Thanks a lot XXXXXXX mam.. But doxinate wasn't helping me at all.. After having domstal.. I am able to have some food and develop some taste.. Otherwise it was horrible for me... I cudnt eat anything and then when I didn't eat my stomach used to pain badly due to gas and emptiness. Shud I have domstal 5 MG to reduce the dosage?
Also mam.. Is it ok to use creme bleach on my face just for 5 mins in the first trimester? Also get legs Waxing done? They usually ask to ly on stomach while waxing. It is impossible for me to stay without face bleach, waxing and hair color for a long time such as 2 months. Please provide your valuable suggestion on these queries as well. Thanks a lot.
Answered by Dr. Deepti Verma 16 hours later
Brief Answer:
Can continue domstal

Detailed Answer:
Hi dear, if not relieved by doxinate, then you can continue with domstal.
Other option is emset or ondensetron.
You can take facial bleach, hair colour and waxing done once in a while.
Do not get it frequently, as in less than one month.
Dr Deepti Verma
Above answer was peer-reviewed by : Dr. Kampana
Follow up: Dr. Deepti Verma 9 days later
Hi I m facing some pain on the lower side of abdomen ( on the right side) actually below abdomen on the right side. It's like small cramp. Wanted to know if it is normal? My 8 weeks of pregnancy are completed and 9th week just started. My ultrasound is due in 3 days. There is no bleeding or spotting. I'm generally facing stomach issues like gas bloating constipation etc. Please let me know if it is normal to have pain there in that area. Right side below lower abdomen . Also I am having excessive gas and indigestion, digene or gelusil doesn't help. Also have constipation also. Can u please suggest medicine for the same
Answered by Dr. Deepti Verma 15 hours later
Brief Answer:
Normal to have cramps

Detailed Answer:
Hi dear,
It is normal to have some cramps in lower abdomen in the first trimester of pregnancy.
For constipation, you should take plenty of fluids, water, high fibre diet.
Isaphgula husk can be taken with water if the constipation is not relieved by the above methods.
Dr Deepti Verma
Dr. Deepti Verma

OBGYN, Maternal and Fetal Medicine