• question-icon

What cause sudden pain in the genitals to 6 year old?

Hello, My son is six years old, has Autism Spectrum Disorder, and suffers from multiple chronic health issues, especially in relation to his Gastrointestinal Tract. Confirmed diagnoses are Dysbiosis (0 lactobacillus or Eubacterium & suspected overgrowth of yeast and other pathogenic microbes), prior acidosis, high and low nutrient blood lab results, high albumin, low globulin, high BUN but normal creatinine, multiple food intolerances, and more. His GI issues are severe, and may be related to the recent onset of a difficult-to-determine and sudden pain that began directly after urination. I took him to the pediatrician several times and his urine cultures came back normal. As his mommy, I have found that the pain is either down his legs, or is within the area surroundinhis penis and teaticles. This morning, he finally showed me that the areas directly to the right and left of his genitals, from just above to right below, are what he calls a boo boo . Any ideas?
Fri, 5 Aug 2016
Thanks for writing to Healthcare magic.
I have few doubts.
1. Is there a swelling at the points where he complains of pain? Ask your son to cough or notice those points when he is crying in standing position , whether there is swelling.
2. Did your son have fever?
To me it seems to be either hernia, or some epididymus problem.
May be an USG abdomen can help us diagnose the problem
Hoping to hear from you.
Thanks. If you have any more queries I am happy to answer them. Else please rate this answer and close the discussion