• question-icon

What causes weakness and cold sweats?

Posted on Mon, 19 Jun 2017 in Digestion and Bowels
Question: My father feeling weakness and sweating cold.
he is feeling this from quite some time.
2 years back also he faved teh same issue and gone through angiography in XXXXXXX XXXXXXX ,but everything was fine.
Today also he is feeling weakness and sweating cold.
Today I contacted to cardiologist in this form and got reply from dr XXXXXXX and he suggested me to contact a gastro specialist.
I am attaching my conversation with him.
pl suggest what to do.
Answered by Dr. Sunil 2 hours later
Brief Answer:
Dysbiosis due to medicines he is on.

Detailed Answer:
Hi Dear,
Thanks for choosing HealthcareMagic for your query.
Have gone through all reports of your father as well as the treatyment he is on.

See as cardiologist had already told you his angiogram as well as 2d echo reports are normal.This means that he is not at all at cardiac risk.

"His stomach gets tightened and he feels it like ballon and doesn't want to eat"-

Abdominal bloating is a condition that causes your stomach to feel fuller or larger.In some cases, abdominal bloating and loss of appetite occur together. A variety of lifestyle habits and conditions can cause these symptoms.The second most common cause of temporary bloating is gas in the abdomen. About half of gas in the digestive system is swallowed air. The rest is produced by bacteria in the gut that help digest food.

Dysbiosis is a condition that occurs when there is an imbalance between good bacteria and bad bacteria in the gut.If you feel gas formation with bloated feeling then you have dysbiosis. The depletion of good bacteria's in your intestines which are responsible for proper food digestion leading to incomplete fermentation of undigested food hence causing excessive gas formation as a byproduct of fermentation. This gas first starts to bloat your digestive organs until it eventually finds one of two ways to escape. Either as belch or fart.

Some suggestions are-Start taking a good quality probiotic(econorm) daily.It contains good bacteria's and would help to replenish the depleted intestinal flora.As early as the flora will replenish your problem will settle down.

Take aristozyme syrup 3 tsf twice daily.
Take Nexium 40 mg twice daily along with an antacid this will provide you immediate relief in bloating stomach fullness and gas problem.
- Eat plentiful "fresh oranges" and "pear "
- do some exercise everyday as per your capacity try to take a 20 minute walk.
- Don't worry too much.
- Take a diet which is very low in Fat.
- Add lot of vegetables and fruits to your diet.
- Fruit juices should be taken.
-Take two tea spoon isphagula husk with 200 to 300 mL water once while going to bed every day.

A stool test should be done along with ultrasound abdomen.

Above answer was peer-reviewed by : Dr. Kampana
Follow up: Dr. Sunil 2 hours later
attachéd are the recent report and prescription.
pl suggest.
Answered by Dr. Sunil 8 minutes later
Brief Answer:
follow up answer.

Detailed Answer:
Hi again,
Have already gone through them dear.
Rosunorm asp and isonorm are not required as you father has normal angiogram and echo.
Angina on extertion(as mentioned on prescription has nothing to do with heart if angiogram and echo are normal.

Please mention his blood sugars,blood pressure,lipid profile for further suggestion?
Why was the angiogram done?
From gastro point of view suggestions are same as given above.

In case you have any specific question.Feel free to write back to me.

Thanks.

Above answer was peer-reviewed by : Dr. Vaishalee Punj
Follow up: Dr. Sunil 1 hour later
sezopam-0.5 ~ Clonazepam tablet
Rosumac ASP ~ Rosuvastatin 10 mg n Aspirin 75 mg
Twinblok m25~ Cilnidipine 10 mg n Metoprolol 25 mg
REBLET D ~ rebiprazol n domeperidone
Isonorm 30 SR ~ diluted isosorbide Manonit rate
Etitop 0.25 ~ etizolm
these are the salts n medicines
Answered by Dr. Sunil 4 hours later
Brief Answer:
Follow up.

Detailed Answer:
Hi again dear,
As angiogram is normal thee is no use of isonorm.
Isonorm is a nitrate and used t relieve pain in patients with coronary artery disease.
He is lready on two anti hypertensives (metoprolol and cilindipine).
Asp contains asprin and is not at all needed if blockages are less then 70%.
In case if there is no dyslipidemia then Rosuvstatin dose shold be lowered to 5 mg.

Etizolam andclonazepam are same thing.

I completely disagree with the treatment your cardiologist is giving.Consider changing your cardiologist(thee is no sense of giving two medicines of same class).
With a normal echo and Angiogram treating patient on lines of Cardiac angina makes no sense.
Please mention his blood sugars,blood pressure,lipid profile for further suggestion.

Stop Rablet d start Rablet -l oncedaily before breakfast.
Give a probiotic like Cap. Vizylac twice daily.
Cap. aristozyme thrice daily.
Follow up after 5 days.
Above answer was peer-reviewed by : Dr. Prasad
Follow up: Dr. Sunil 11 hours later
attached are the old lipid profile report.it was conducted 6 months back.Also attaching prescription of dr. XXXXXXX XXXXXXX from XXXXXXX XXXXXXX
last month my father consulted with him.
Answered by Dr. Sunil 3 hours later
Brief Answer:
Follow up answer.

Detailed Answer:
Hello again Dear,
Angiogram says that its non critical CAD which means that thee is blockage but less then 70%.So aspirin should be taken.
Apart from that Rosuvastatin can now be reduced to 5 mg once daily.He was not grossly dyslipidemic at that time also.

Rest follow advice of cardiologist.
From gastroenterology point of view start-
Cap. aristozyme thrice daily.
Follow up after 5 days.

Dr. Sunil

Gastroenterologist