Is abdominal bloating a sign of metastatic cancer?

Dr. Deepak Sundriyal

Oncologist

Posted on Tue, 8 May 2018 in Cancer
Question: I suffer from OIC. I have osteoporosis and degenerative bone decease. I have noticed increased abdominal bloating within the last month and a half. I am an 8 yr throat cancer survivor. I'm concerned whether this condition is minor or if it's a sign of metastatic cancer. I am 59 yrs old, 5'1" and weigh 105lbs. I eat a fairly good diet (I rarely eat fast food and cook meals 6 days a week) but am lactose intolerant and probably should add more fiber to my diet. I have high blood pressure and take medication for it but it doesn't seem to not be working. I've had BP issues for over 20years. What do I need to tell my PCP and what types of treatment/testing can I expect?
Answered by Dr. Deepak Sundriyal 26 hours later
Brief Answer:
Hello. There is nothing to worry

Detailed Answer:
Hello dear. I have gone through your query. So your tbroat cancer was cured and in rarest of cases we see it to come back after 8 years. Moreover, if it comes back at all, it should come to lungs first rather than abdomen. Your abdominal complaints are not due to cancer. You should get evaluated for hypertension and its target organ damage on heart, kidney and eyes.
I did not get oic. Please elaborate it.
Thanks and regards
Above answer was peer-reviewed by : Dr. Nagamani Ng
Follow up: Dr. Deepak Sundriyal 10 hours later
OIC is opioid (sp?) induced constipation. I will be seeing my doctor tomorrow and will address the hypertension issue. I have asked to change medications before but all they did was prescribe a diuretic to take with the BP meds. My abdomen doesn't hurt - it's just bloated, especially after a meal. I was just concerned because I am not over weight and have a small frame.
Answered by Dr. Deepak Sundriyal 5 hours later
Brief Answer:
Hello. Dose modification will help

Detailed Answer:
Hello again. The doses of diuretics and other hypertension drug can be modified or increased to attain a control. For constipation, drink plenty of fluids and eat lots of veggies and fresh fruits. It will help in a natural way.
Thanks and regards
Feel free to ask further
Above answer was peer-reviewed by : Dr. Yogesh D