How to cure dysbiosis?

My son is suffering acute dysbiosis. He cannot digest food. He has tried all sorts of supplements and was on a candida diet for several months. He really needs to see a doctor who understands bacterial overgrowth in the gut. He should have diagnostic testing such as a comprehensive diagnostic stool analysis, urinary organic acid tests and testing of his adrenal function. I need to find a doctor who can get him tested and plan a dietary program to help him recover from this. We have both done extensive research on this. Please help us find a doctor who knows about and treats dysbiosis. Thank you! Janet
Tue, 18 Jul 2017
Hi.
Noted the history and understood the concerns.
Dysbiosis is a diagnosis when all the relevant tests have turned out to be negative.
Just altering the diet may not help at all unless you get the following things done:
Consult a Gastroenterologist for clinical evaluation, examination and order for the investigations that you have mentioned namely, comprehensive stool and urine tests.
ALso needed is capsule endoscopy, upper GI endoscopy, colonoscopy and biopsy, CT scan of the abdomen.
All these tests may give a diagnosis.
Also consider stress and anxiety if he is suffering get a proper evaluation and management as this can help in diagnosis and treatment.