Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
134 Doctors are Online

What can I do to stop bleeding ? I have been bleeding for 3 months.

Hi, I been bleeding for over a month now straight. It wont stop. Lately its been going on for a few months at a time where i just bleed for 3 months straight then it will stop for a couple months then come back and start over again. Its driving me insane- i should only be bleeding for a week or so for my periods not for months at a time. please help me!
Asked On : Thu, 13 Jan 2011
Answers:  3 Views:  177
Report Abuse
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions
Orthopaedic Surgeon 's  Response
Welcome to Healthcare Magic
You are having menorrhagia and period of amenorrhoea is very typical of hormonal disturbance called Metropathia haemorrhagica. You need to consult a Gynaecologist to rule out hormonal disorders like associated PCOD as well. Eat healthy. Stay stress free. You can get your blood tests as you may be anaemic due to blood loss. Eat plenty of fresh fruits and green leafy vegetables for iron t make blood healthy.
Answered: Mon, 22 Aug 2011
I find this answer helpful
OBGYN Dr. Rakhi Tayal's  Response
Thanks for writing to us.
the causes of excessive bleeding during periods can be uterin efibroids, hormonal imbalance, uterine malignancies, bleeding disorders, etc. All these causes need to be ruled out after proper examination by your OBS- GYN and relevant investigations.
I hope this information has been both informative and helpful for you.
Dr. Rakhi Tayal

Answered: Mon, 22 Aug 2011
I find this answer helpful
Radiologist Dr. Radha Narayanan's  Response
Welcome to in excess is called Menorrhagia.There are many causes to it with hormonal imbalance,fibroids,Polyps,Anemia etc..Please get a blood checkup like Hb,Tc,Dc,Bt,Pt to rule out anemia.Also get a ultraosund abdmen done to see foe fibroids ,cyst etc..Pcod etc..Kindly do the above and let us know.
Answered: Mon, 22 Aug 2011
I find this answer helpful
Disclaimer: These answers are for your information only and not intended to replace your relationship with your treating physician.
This is a short, free answer. For a more detailed, immediate answer, try our premium service [Sample answer]


Loading Online Doctors....
© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor