Does severe abdominal pain while having fibroids and cysts require medical attention?

Dr. Mahesh Koregol

Infertility Specialist

Posted on Mon, 23 Apr 2018 in Pregnancy
Question: Hello
I have a question I had like a sharp pain across lower abdominal and now it is very tender to touch I do suffer from fybroids and cysts as well as ibs can you tell me if this is something serious as I can not get into go till Thursday
Answered by Dr. Mahesh Koregol 5 hours later
Brief Answer:
Wait

Detailed Answer:

I understand your concerns.

If this is temporary pain don't worry about it.

This is nothing serious. This could be temporary pain from the spasm if fibroids. I suggest you take antacids and antispasmodic medicines available over the counter for pain relief.

You can wait till Thursday.

Let me know if you need anymore help.

Above answer was peer-reviewed by : Dr. Yogesh D
Follow up: Dr. Mahesh Koregol 3 hours later
It doesn’t happen all the time and started today it has happen 3 x today each time after I have eaten comes every now and then once it comes then it aches like menstral pain lower abdominal or and gas aches and tender to touch close to pelvis current using hit XXXXXXX bottle for relief
Could this be gas or ibs or fybroids
Answered by Dr. Mahesh Koregol 21 hours later
Brief Answer:
Fibroid

Detailed Answer:

This is due to fibroid. You can use hot water bag on abdomen and some antacid available over the counter to reduce pain till you see your doctor.