Is vaginal bleeding a sign of sexually transmitted infections?

Question
I have recently had a sexual encounter where the condom broke and I didnt realize It. I have got tested 2 days later and everything was negative. I then took 1000MG of azithromycin all at once just in case I had something. I did not have sex with my current partner not the previous one for 2 weeks after taking the medication. My partner is not bleeding 6 days after her period ended. It as if she is having a second period. I am concerned! Could this be from her getting something that maybe I have? I dont think that I have anything at all as I also have no symptoms took the medicine and had a negative test. I went ahead and took another test yesterday which its been 2 months since that encounter. I also have prostatitis which I had a long time ago that came back maybe its from that? Please let me know your thoughts.
Mon, 7 May 2018 in Pregnancy

Answered by Dr. Richa Agarwal 36 minutes later
Brief Answer:
She may get infected by you.

Detailed Answer:
Hello dear,
Thanks for trusting hcm about your health care.
I have gone through your history and try to understand your concerns fully.
With your history I can understand that you are not suffering with any infection except for prostatitis( which you have recently).
As your test results are negative and your partner is also not having any symptoms, the chances of infection are not there in your case.
So you should not worry much about it.
Hope found useful, feel free to ask more information.
If I miss something kindly let me know about it.
Good luck.

Follow-up: Is vaginal bleeding a sign of sexually transmitted infections? 6 minutes later
My partner is having irregular period and bleeding as if she had period when her last period was 6 days ago. Is this symptom of an STD or is this most likely from something else?

Answered by Dr. Richa Agarwal 1 hour later
Brief Answer:
It could be due to infection or some other reasons.

Detailed Answer:
Hello dear,
Thanks for the information but irregular period bleeding could be due to hormonal imbalance or it could be due to infection also.
Get her tested for the same.
There are other causes of irregular period like fibroid,polyp ,get your pelvic ultrasound.
Good luck