What does this pelvic ultrasound report indicate?

Posted on Wed, 9 May 2018 in Women's Health
Question: On 2014 i Had a TVS. Result was normal
Pelvic utz. Fibroid is 21mm x 10 anterior subserosal. Is this cancerous? I’ll have it check after 3 years after my 2014 UTZ. Should I be scared? Im so worried.
Answered by Dr. Aarti Abraham 12 minutes later
Brief Answer:
As below

Detailed Answer:
Hello
Thanks for trusting us with your health concern.
PLease stop worrying .
This is a very small fibroid.
There is no chance of it being subserous.
Just get ultrasound scan done every year to see if it is growing.
Where are you located ?
Do you have any symptoms or problems ?
Please ignore this small fibroid incidentally found on the ultrasound scan.
Looking forward to hearing from you.
Follow up: Dr. Aarti Abraham 4 minutes later
No i dont have any symptoms. As a matter of fact my period was stable. 1st day is heavy and painful period (which i assume normal) then on 4th 5th day the period ends with brownish discharge. Im so scared. Not having babies or this might turn into cancer.
Answered by Dr. Aarti Abraham 21 hours later
Brief Answer:
As below

Detailed Answer:
Please do not worry.
This will not interfere in any manner with your ability to conceive or have a baby.
It will definitely not turn cancerous.
You should have regular Pap smear done after you turn 30 every 3 years, this applies to every woman, not you alone.
Please be reassured, that there is no risk of cancer with this small fibroid, nor any threat to your fertility.
Get regular ultrasound scans done every year to see for increase in size of the fibroid.
Follow up: Dr. Aarti Abraham 1 hour later
Yes im due this year for Pap Smear. Im doing it regular. I just got scared I have fear of health. And its stressing me out I have an appointment next week to get everything checked.
Answered by Dr. Aarti Abraham 18 hours later
Brief Answer:
As below

Detailed Answer:
Please relax.
There is nothing abnormal or worrisome about this report.
More than 50 % of women will have an incidental finding of a fibroid during ultrasound scan.
The size is so small, that you can ignore it.
Let me know how your appointment goes.
Dr. Aarti Abraham

OBGYN