What causes irregular vaginal bleeding?

Dr. Deepti Verma

OBGYN, Maternal and Fetal Medicine

Posted on Fri, 27 Apr 2018 in Women's Health
Question: Hi I've had light bleeding for almost 2 weeks now it started as light pink then orangish red and it turned darker red but i only bleed in the early day then stop then start the next morning. What is going on?
Answered by Dr. Deepti Verma 57 minutes later
Brief Answer:
Get examined by an OBGYN specialist

Detailed Answer:
Irregular bleeding can be due to pregnancy, hormonal disturbances or local lesions in cervix, vagina or uterus.
If there is any chance of pregnancy, then a urine pregnancy test should be done to confirm. If negative, then you should consult an OGBYN specialist for proper examination, investigations like ultrasound and PAP smear and get further treatment accordingly.
Hope you found the answer helpful.
Get back to me for further queries.
Dr Deepti Verma
OBGYN specialist
Above answer was peer-reviewed by : Dr. Raju A.T
Follow up: Dr. Deepti Verma 8 minutes later
I've taken a pregnancy test and it was negative. Me and my boyfriend are trying for a baby. I had a miscarriage in July and a d and on July 11th.
Answered by Dr. Deepti Verma 8 hours later
Brief Answer:
Internal examination required

Detailed Answer:
Hi dear,
you should then get an internal examination by an OBGYN specialist and appropriate investigations like pap smear and ultrasound to confirm the diagnosis.
Dr Deepti Verma
Above answer was peer-reviewed by : Dr. Yogesh D