Do blood stains during 3rd month of pregnancy indicate a miscarriage?

Dr. Deepti Verma

OBGYN, Maternal and Fetal Medicine

Posted on Tue, 22 May 2018 in Women's Health
Question: I am in my 3rd month of pregnancy but i hav observed blood strains is it misscariage or anything else plz let me knw
Answered by Dr. Deepti Verma 37 minutes later
Brief Answer:
Ultrasound to confirm the diagnosis

Detailed Answer:
Hi dear,
I have gone through your question and understand the concerns.

Bleeding or spotting in early pregnancy can be due to miscarriage or bleeding around the fetus known as subchorionic hemorrhage.

Exact diagnosis can be made by proper examination and ultrasound.
I'd suggest you consult an OBGYN specialist for proper examination, ultrasound, and treatment accordingly.

Hope you found the answer helpful. Feel free to ask further.

Dr Deepti Verma
OBGYN
Maternal and fetal medicine specialist

Above answer was peer-reviewed by : Dr. Arnab Banerjee